oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE requests: Two kernel issues

From: Eugene Teo <eugene () redhat com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 06:49:59 +0800

On 08/10/2011 04:42 AM, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
Hi,
the following two issues also seem to warrant a CVE assignment:

1. staging: comedi: fix infoleak to userspace
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=819cbb120eaec7e014e5abd029260db1ca8c5735

(It's a staging driver and I'm unsure whether we have assigned
 CVE IDs for staging drivers in the past. OTOH, this driver
 is enabled in the Debian 6.0 kernel)

We don't as code from the staging drivers are usually are substandard
and usually not supported.

Btw, can you please mail me a copy of the /boot/config of the most
recent Debian kernel for my reference?

2. [SCSI] pmcraid: reject negative request size
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=b5b515445f4f5a905c5dd27e6e682868ccd6c09d

I don't have a PMC Sierra MaxRAID controller, so I am not sure what's
the permissions give to /dev/pmcsas%u. I'm checking. Meanwhile, use
CVE-2011-2906 for this issue.

Thanks, Eugene