oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE Request -- Erlang/OTP R14, Erlang/OTP R14B01, Erlang/OTP R14B02 -- multiple security fixes

From: Hans Bolinder <hans.bolinder () ericsson com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 13:38:05 +0200

[Jan Lieskovsky:]
   based on:

   and:
   [2] http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R14B.readme
   [3] http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R14B01.readme
   [4] http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R14B02.readme

performed some initial issues review -- erlang-CVE-request.txt
attached. But since not sure, which of those are real security
flaws and how many CVE ids will be needed for those, Cc-ing
also Erlang upstream developers to shed more light into this.
could you please have a look at the attached review file
and reply which of the #20 OTPs in the list are security flaws
(so we would know the count of CVE identifiers needed) and which
are just bugs? (since you know the Erlang code better than me)

stdlib:
  - 20), race condition/silent data corruption in dets OTP-8898
    Patch: https://github.com/erlang/otp/commit/4e79fa3b1b6797f2583848d307d6b85cec94a920
    Note: Hard to tell if has security implications

It's a bug fix, and I believe it has no security implications.

Best regards,

Hans Bolinder, Erlang/OTP team, Ericsson