oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request: Joomla unspecified information disclosure vulnerability

From: YGN Ethical Hacker Group <lists () yehg net>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 14:52:49 +0800

In 1.5.22, the following files trigger Path Disclosure issue:

1. /templates/system/error.php

because in 1.5.23, the following validation check was added:

if (!isset($this->error)) {
        $this->error = JError::raiseWarning( 403, JText::_('ALERTNOTAUTH') );
        $this->debug = false;
}

There must be some cases where $this->error might be undefined,
triggering path disclosure.

2. /administrator/components/com_media/views/media/view.html.php

There is another path disclosure in $base variable in com_media of
administrator backend.

/////////////////////////////////
                if(DS == '\\')
                {
                        $base = str_replace(DS,"\\\\",COM_MEDIA_BASE);
                } else {
                        $base = COM_MEDIA_BASE;
                }

                $js = "
                        var basepath = '".$base."';
                        var viewstyle = '".$style."';
                " ;

COM_MEDIA_BASE is set to a part of JPATH_ROOT which is dirname(),
causing to reveal full path.