oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Re: CVE Request -- oprofile -- Local privilege escalation via crafted opcontrol event parameter when authorized by sudo

From: William Cohen <wcohen () redhat com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 17:05:11 -0400

On 05/03/2011 05:36 AM, Huzaifa Sidhpurwala wrote:
Hi William,
On 05/01/2011 07:30 AM, William Cohen wrote:

I don't know if this is the best way to fix this issue, but attached is a patch that filters out all but alpha
numeric characters and '_'. Feedback on the patch would be appreciated.

It appears from the debian bug, that there may be others way to exploit
this issue as well. hence i think we need a revised patch?

The patches mentioned in the previous email.

-Will