oss-sec mailing list archives

Apache HttpClient CVE request [VU#153049]

From: Chad Dougherty <crd () cert org>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 14:43:42 -0400

Hello all,

Per the Apache HttpClient 4.1.1 release notes:

<http://www.apache.org/dist/httpcomponents/httpclient/RELEASE_NOTES-4.1.x.txt>

"The HttpClient 4.1.1 is a bug fix release that addresses a number of issues reported since release 4.1, including one critical security issue (HTTPCLIENT-1061). All users of HttpClient 4.0.x and 4.1 are strongly encouraged to upgrade.
[...]
* [HTTPCLIENT-1061] Fixed critical bug causing Proxy-Authorization header to be sent to the target host when tunneling requests through a proxy server that requires authentication.
  Contributed by Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk at apache.org>"

It doesn't look like this has received a CVE identifier and I didn't want to duplicate anyone by assigning one from our pool. Could someone please assign one?

Thanks...

        -Chad