oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Closed list

From: Jeffrey Czerniak <jeffcz () apple com>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 19:54:30 -0700

On Apr 4, 2011, at 4:27 PM, Solar Designer wrote:

Yet I recognize that Apple has been contributing to vendor-sec, so I'd
be happy to add you to a suitable list if one is setup.  Perhaps a BSD
distros list, which would generally be CC'ed on issues that are expected
to be shared between Linux and *BSD userlands and thus likely also with
Mac OS X?  Do you and other vendors feel that such a list is needed?

So far, yours is the only non-Linux vendor request.  For just one
vendor, we can be CC'ing you whenever appropriate, with no list needed.

Hello Solar Designer,

We found the vendor-sec email list useful not just for reporting issues in open-source projects, but also for receiving
advance notification about issues that affect the various open-source libraries and applications that Apple ships.
(More details can be found at http://www.opensource.apple.com/)

If you are not willing to grant us full membership to the new list, we at least hope we can be cc-ed on all userland
issues reported to the list.

Best regards,

Jeffrey Czerniak
Apple Product Security Response