oss-sec mailing list archives

RE: Vendor-sec hosting and future of closed lists

From: "Menkhus, Mark (GSE Security HP SSRT)" <mark.menkhus () hp com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 04:07:15 +0000

Mike has an interesting idea, of opening the archives after a period of
time.  The embargoes in vendor-sec were typically weeks, but I don't recall
the longest one.  I too favor opening the vendor-sec archives after a while,
maybe quarterly.

Not being the one fixing the code for our kernel left me with little to
immediately contribute, but I requested and coordinated with several folks
who got vendor sec for HP.  Likely, we would still want to be part of
vendor-sec.new.

Most importantly, we would be glad to restate our need to continue to
participate based on the new ground rules of whomever administers the new
vendor-sec.  FWIW, I understand our largely silent participation in
vendor-sec was annoying to folks looking at code, assessing risk, and
suggesting fixes.  If there is something we could contribute, I'll encourage
us not to be as shy.

-Mark Menkhus
Hewlett Packard Software Security Response Team