oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Webkit Dupes

From: Michael Gilbert <michael.s.gilbert () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 12:04:21 -0500

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 13:10:21 -0500 (EST) Steven M. Christey wrote:

On Sat, 5 Feb 2011, Michael Gilbert wrote:

Hi,

The following issues are duplicate CVE assignments for webkit.  Please
merge and reject these as appropriate.

I will handle these accordingly.  As you've noticed, a lot of CVE
descriptions don't have detailed information, so sometimes it's hard to be
certain when there are dupes.

Would it be possible to force Google and Apple to coordinate better to
avoid these dupes?  This is creating unnecessary work and making it
appear that webkit has a lot more issues than it really does.

I started this conversation with both organizations a while ago, and your
findings (plus a separate effort by Josh Bressers) are renewing this
conversation.  That is, I'm working on it :)

Thanks for your wizardry behind the curtain Steve ;)

Mike