oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Issues without CVE names in PHP 5.3.4/5.2.15 release

From: Pierre Joye <pierre.php () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 18:47:19 +0100

hi,

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Vincent Danen <vdanen () redhat com> wrote:
Looking at the PHP web site, there are a few issues fixed in the most
recent releases that don't seem to have a CVE name:

* Fixed crash in zip extract method (possible CWE-170).

Was requested and was not considered as worth a CVE #

* Fixed symbolic resolution support when the target is a DFS share.

Why does it require a CVE #? That's not a security fix but a fix about
DFS support on Windows (did not work).

* Fixed extract() to do not overwrite $GLOBALS and $this when using
EXTR_OVERWRITE.

Not sure either if it requires one.

Also doesn't seem to be much info on these readily available.

The first seems to be related to this SVN commit (don't see a bug for
it):

http://svn.php.net/viewvc?view=revision&revision=305848

The second seems to be Windows-specific and is this bug (haven't found
the SVN commit for it yet):

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=51945

The third seems to be 5.2-specific (no mention in the 5.3 changes), but
I've not yet found the bug or SVN commit.

In any case I would like to remember you security () php net as well. We
also added now a security flag in our bug tracker, Joe should have
access to them as well, ping me if more of the redhat team needs it,
or other distrubutions.

Cheers,
--
Pierre