oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request: vanilla forums before 2.0.10, xss

From: "Steven M. Christey" <coley () linus mitre org>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 17:13:02 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010, Josh Bressers wrote:

Use CVE-2010-4264 for the XSS. The commit is here:
https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/commit/4535a059e4e24ca11a2ef0b4d754f262398bcece

As for the "linkbait" issue, I have no clue. Nothing in git seems to
point at that.

Steve, does MITRE have a precedent for such a thing?

The vendor is calling it a "vulnerability" which is good enough to assign a CVE to, as a different vuln type than XSS.

My guess is that it's open redirect, which is used to redirect users away from the site towards spam or malware. Just a guess, though.

- Steve

Thanks.

--
    JB

----- "Hanno Böck" <hanno () hboeck de> wrote:

Hi,

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/13119/vanilla-2.0.10-released/p1

Two sound like security:
#
# Added SafeStyles configuration to prevent XSS linkjacking
# Patched potential linkbait vulnerability in dispatcher

(although I don't know what a linkbait vulnerability is, maybe someone
wants
to enlighten me)

--
Hanno Böck                Blog:                http://www.hboeck.de/
GPG: 3DBD3B20                Jabber/Mail:        hanno () hboeck de

http://schokokeks.org - professional webhosting