oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE Request -- mlmmj -- Directory traversal flaw by editing and saving list entries via php-admin web interface

From: Christoph Thiel <ct () kki org>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 22:12:17 +0200

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 10:42:25AM +0200, Morten Shearman Kirkegaard wrote:
CC'ing Christoph Thiel (mlmmj-php-admin author) and Ben Schmidt (current
mlmmj maintainer).

On Wed, 2010-06-23 at 19:41 +0200, Florian Streibelt wrote:
when I reported the bug I had no time to further investigate and I think I
did not report upstream because of lack of time at that point and later
forgot - which is sad.

Yeah, well, things like that happen. Would you agree that the attached
patch fixes the vulnerability?

Using a list of known-good-characters would be nice, but dot happens to
be a valid character in a list name.

The php webinterface is a third-party development for mlmmj but part of the
official release.

I know that this is just semantics, but... While it is true that the
mlmmj-php-admin web interface is distributed along with mlmmj, it is not
a part of mlmmj itself, but is located in the contribs directory.

Thanks for bringing this up. I haven't used the mlmmj-php-admin in years,
but from looking at the patch that was proposed by Morten, I think it fixes
the issues and should be shipped!

Who is taking care of commiting this to mlmmj? Is there any embargo
involved?

Best
Christoph