oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: ClamAV small issues

From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel () suse de>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 11:50:50 +0200

Eren Türkay wrote:
On Friday 09 April 2010 11:30:19 am Ludwig Nussel wrote:
Do such issues really need to be flagged as vulnerabilities? A virus
scanner cannot detect all possible malware in any possible container
anyways. So it's kind of natural that new releases enhance the
methods to find even more hiding places.

I guess many people who deploy e-mail service with linux use ClamAV to scan
the attachments. Accordingly to ClamAV bug #1771 (CVE-2010-1311), it is
possible to crash the daemon with crafted file, which is not the intended
behavior.

Sure. That's a different issue though. I was referring to CVE-2010-0098.

cu
Ludwig

--
 (o_   Ludwig Nussel