oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVEs for nginx

From: Jan Lieskovsky <jlieskov () redhat com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:48:17 +0100

Hi Craig, vendors,

Craig wrote:
Hi,

are the CVEs for

1.) nginx webdav: http://secunia.com/advisories/36818/

  I still haven't seen a CVE id for this (pls correct me
if I overlooked it). Could one be assigned? (if there isn't one yet).

Also not sure, if this one has been already addressed upstream?
(as there has been couple of more important Nginx security issues
 recently).

Igor, could you comment on upstream status of this one? Is there
a patch handy?

Thanks && Regards, Jan.
--
Jan iankko Lieskovsky / Red Hat Security Response Team

2.) nginx Null Pointer dereference:
http://sysoev.ru/nginx/patch.null.pointer.txt

3.) nginx SSL Renegotiation: http://sysoev.ru/nginx/patch.cve-2009-3555.txt

I know the last one contains a CVE number, nginx uses openssl and the
patch will disable renegotiation, maybe this deserves an own CVE?

Best regards,

Craig