oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: MFSA 2009-63

From: Florian Weimer <fw () deneb enyo de>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 21:49:39 +0100

* Reed Loden:

What type of specific information are you looking for? Mozilla works
with upstream Xiph.org to get such issues resolved upstream, and then
we either take a minimal fix downstream or a full library upgrade to
latest upstream code. Lately, we've been having to do full library
upgrades due to the complexity of fixes and dependencies on other
changes.

We've got a rather strict backported-security-fixes-only policy
because we've got a very interdependent code base, so we usually can't
switch upstream versions for libraries because most developers have a
rather lax attitude towards ABI compatibility (and even if they don't,
we're usually trailing behind a major version or two 8-/).

Florian
(Debian)