oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: GeSHi: Clarification about the recent security (non-)issues (SA32559)

From: Tomas Hoger <thoger () redhat com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:59:07 +0100

Hi Christian!

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 19:04:08 +0100 Christian Hoffmann
<hoffie () gentoo org> wrote:

These are just my findings after having a quick look at the code, and
I thought I'd shared them, just in case someone wondered (and please
protest, if you think I'm wrong).

Thanks for posting your finding!

JFYI: Dokuwiki and phpBB are examples of software packages, which
bundle GeSHi. Dokuwiki passes a static string to the mentioned $path
parameter and is not vulnerable as such. I haven't checked phpBB.

pgfouine too, but it does not override default language files path at
all (set_language_path is only called with $path == '').

--
Tomas Hoger / Red Hat Security Response Team