oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: opensc 0.11.6 with fixed security update

From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel () suse de>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 15:28:35 +0200

Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
this is a copy of a new security announcement we had to make, already public.
our last security update with OpenSC 0.11.5 had a small glitch, so this
version fixes that glitch. Please everyone update the opensc packages in your
distribution.
[...]
This is an update to our security advisory 31-Jul-2008.

Chaskiel M Grundman found a security vulnerability in OpenSC. The
vulnerability has been fixed in OpenSC 0.11.6. In Mitre's CVE dictionary this
issue is filed under CVE-2008-2235. Users will need to
run "pkcs15-tool -T -U" to test (-T) and update (-U) the security settings on
their card.

I guess this need a new CVE number then?

cu
Ludwig

--
 (o_   Ludwig Nussel