oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Re: libxml2 denial of service flaw (CVE-2008-3281)

From: Tomas Hoger <thoger () redhat com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 18:11:36 +0200

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:58:38 -0600 Vincent Danen <vdanen () linsec ca>
wrote:

Does anyone know if this affects anything other than librsvg?  If so,
the patch approach to fixing libxml2 would be better.  I've just
started looking into this today, so I'm not quite up to speed on
this, but it looks like there are problems with the gnome menus as
well.

librsvg and strigi are known to be affected, according to the Debian
bug.  Rebuild against new libxml2 should do the trick, if that's the
way you can go.

Has anyone tried this new patch?

Being tested now.

--
Tomas Hoger / Red Hat Security Response Team