oss-sec mailing list archives

Pardus Bugs / Patches, Was: Re: [oss-security] CVE id request: vlc

From: Robert Buchholz <rbu () gentoo org>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:59:49 +0200

On Sunday 24 August 2008, Pınar Yanardağ wrote:
Nico Golde wrote On 24-08-2008 13:10:
Hi,

* Pinar Yanarda<pinar () pardus org tr>  [2008-08-24 11:23]:
Nico Golde wrote On 24-08-2008 03:13:
Hi,
there seems to be a buffer overflow in videolans mms
handling:
http://www.orange-bat.com/adv/2008/adv.08.24.txt

Btw, a vendor patch has been released:
http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-devel/2008-August/048488
.html

Wow that was fast, 4 hours after I notified them of the
problem.
Looks correct to me. Anyone else had a look at the patch?

I was having some trouble to apply this patch but they updated it a
couple of hours ago, which works fine now.

Hey Pınar,

I noticed Pardus is not yet listed on the 'How to steal hard work and
patches from others' page, aka:
  http://oss-security.openwall.org/wiki/distro-patches

If you host your patches somewhere, please add a pointer there.
Also, are you managing security bugs with Bugzilla, or somewhere else
where one can look up the status of an issue?

Thanks,
Robert