oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: cups patches for CVE-2008-0597 and CVE-2008-0596

From: Robert Buchholz <rbu () gentoo org>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 21:03:54 +0200

On Sunday 27 July 2008, Steffen Joeris wrote:
Hi

I am working on a cups update at the moment and I am looking for two
missing patches. Could somebody please email me the patches for
CVE-2008-0596 and CVE-2008-0597 (both DoS due to crafted IPP packets
and a large number of requests for adding and removing printers).
I saw them marked as fixed in the opensuse announcement, but couldn't
find the patches for some reason and the novell bugzilla does not
grant access to the bugs to everyone :/
Thanks heaps in advance.

Hi Steffen,

the RedHat Bugzilla does not link the patches directly, but you can
easily extract them from this SRPM:
ftp://updates.redhat.com/enterprise/3desktop/en/os/SRPMS/cups-1.1.17-13.3.51.src.rpm

Robert