oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE Request: inspircd

From: Micah Anderson <micah () riseup net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:46:11 -0400

"Steven M. Christey" <coley () linus mitre org>
writes:

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008, Micah Anderson wrote:

Versions prior to 1.1.17 of InspIRCd are vulnerable to a remotely
triggerable buffer overflow which can lead to a Denial of Service
(daemon crash) when the namesx and uhnames modules are loaded.

The reference you pointed to is for a fix in 1.1.18, which suggests that
1.1.17 is vulnerable.

Sorry for the confusion, that was my mistake.

Thanks for the clarification of the issue - the vendor's post only alluded
to "security" with no additional details, which left a lot of vuln DBs
guessing.

I was also guessing, thats why I sought clarification :)

Micah