oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: charter

From: Josh Bressers <bressers () redhat com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:04:03 -0500

Josh Bressers wrote:
| I just added my current working draft charter:

Good work, thanks :)

What do you mean by "Please don't send working vulnerabilities"?

We don't need the heat of people posting vulnerabilities that would allow
one to actually compromise a machine.  Ideally we want testcases the
exercise the flaw, not tools that could be used for malicious purposes.

I'd append "for non-public issues, please contact vendor-sec" to "Public
security issues only please"

Done

"Advisories are welcome"? I thought we decided that this was
discussion-only?

What do others think?  I can see it either way, so I put it in.

--
    JB