oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request: bzip2 CERT-FI: 20469

From: Josh Bressers <bressers () redhat com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 20:54:15 -0400

I'm running version 1.0.4 through the bzip2 files now (it takes a long time
to run, there are a lot of files).  If I find the reproducer, I'll let you
know.

I saw no crashes when I ran the CERT-FI suite over bzip2 versions 1.0.1,
1.0.2, and 1.0.3.

I mailed upstream, the file we want is 1203ea663ea8545c9b66ad3ef46425d0.bz2

The problem I had with my testrunner is that the bunzip2 has a segfault
handler.  Rather that properly segfaulting, it's doing an exit(2).  I'm
going to rerun the suite with this new knowledge now to see what's affected
and how.

--
    JB