Nmap Development mailing list archives

can no longer be put in nmap live

From: "Mike ." <dmciscobgp () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 10:04:17 +0000

to all interested, I'm not quite sure what happened, not sure if it's the latest version or what caused it, but I'm
running into issues doing live debugging. I had no problems years ago but I'm using Ida disassembler and I decided to
do a live debug would just a few scanning parameters -n -v and then a simple address and the minute it does a break
point for kernel debug attach, when I step to it the next time I get an exception a raise exception from the kernel and
when I pass it to the program it will eventually crash out completely. the interesting thing I noticed is in the
debugging dump I noticed the exception happens in RPC dll I'm not quite sure why that would happen. RPC rt4 I believe
is the exact deal though but it gives me an activation context error I can give you the exact screenshot if anyone
needs it but I've ran it through 3D buggers already. I ran it through Ida, I ran it through windbug, and I ran it
through immunity. I can run other programs just fine with arguments and parameters the only one that crashes is nmap.
so maybe somebody can make sense of it thank you - - Mike