Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap uses PCRE library and scan tool report one vulnerability CVE-2022-1586 & CVE-2022-1587 to PCRE2 library

From: Gordon Fyodor Lyon <fyodor () nmap org>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 14:09:29 -0700

Hi Shivani.  Thanks for the report.  Those two vulnerabilities are in the
PCRE2 (2nd generation) PCRE library.  Although we plan to upgrade to PCRE2
soon, Nmap is currently still using the 1st generation PCRE which is not
susceptible to these bugs.  When we do upgrade, we will be sure to use a
fixed version of PCRE2.

Also, Nmap version 4.6 and 5.21 are ancient and well worth upgrading for
other reasons.

On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 1:47 PM Sharma, Shivani via dev <dev () nmap org>