Nmap Development mailing list archives

npcap blocking DHCP from getting IP address

From: Jair Gabriel Filho <jairgabriel () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 11:44:57 -0300

Hi.
I´m facing a problem since npcap 0.9997 (and 1.0 too).
The network card can not get an ip address from DHCP, since the server seem
too be too slow for that.
It is a similar problem with "Cisco portfast" not enabled in their switches
ports.
I am using Windows 10 Pro.
Every time I turn the machine on, there is no network address.
When I disable the network card and then enable it, it is solved.
When I disable npacp (using 1.0 now but same behavior with 0.9997) from
network card and reboot the machine, everything works fine.
Has somebody face this problem with npcap?
Best Regards,
   Jair Gabriel