Nmap Development mailing list archives

Fwd: npcap debug version HOW-TO

From: chuck c <bubbasnmp () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 12:26:59 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: chuck c <bubbasnmp () gmail com>
Date: Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 10:32 AM
Subject: npcap debug version HOW-TO
To: <dev () nmap org>

The npcap User's Guide makes this sound pretty easy but I'm stumped.
"Contact the Npcap development team to obtain a driver-debug version of the
Npcap installer. When you have got an appropriate driver-debug version
Npcap, you need to use DbgView to read the Windows kernel log (which
contains our driver log). You may need to turn on DbgView before installing
Npcap, if the error occurs when the driver loads. "

I read the emails on the dev list and have the symbols file:
https://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2019/q4/1

Then I'm confused. It's not intuitive what to do with the contents of the
zip file.
It doesn't look like an installer and the one dll is wpcap.dll.

thanks
chuckc