Nmap Development mailing list archives

Need Cannot open monitor mode with Npcap 0.996 version

From: Yulin Chan <Yulin.Chan () dlinkcorp com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 06:17:38 +0000

Hello team,

I am a new learner and would like to have your help for npcap.
I am using the wireshark with Npcap to capture the Air packet with radio-tag.
With the same wireless device, I can capture the air packet within Win7 but not in Win10.

I try the following,

1.      Make sure there is no older wpcap.dll and packet.all before installing the npacp and wireshark.

2.      Using administrator privilege to install both application.

3.      Using Wlanhelper.exe to setup the mode
However, result in Win10 is always not satisfied.
      4.    From Wlanhelper, the wireless interface only support Managed mode.

Would it be possible to help how I can start for trouble shooting?

PS: here is the info I have.

Win10
Win7
OS