Nmap Development mailing list archives

Pull Request 1455: Update TN3270 Library and Scripts

From: Phil Young <mainframed767 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 17:24:20 -0800

Hi All,

I’ve created pull request 1455 https://github.com/nmap/nmap/pull/1455 <https://github.com/nmap/nmap/pull/1455> which
includes the change outlined below. I’ve tested them all against my test LPAR. Thank you.

Pull Request:

I've updated the TN3270 library and updated all the scripts that use the library to ensure compatability.

    tn3270.lua: I've re-written the telnet negotiations component to use the options list instead of a bunch of IF/OR
statements. This allows for more support of other protocols in the future.
    tn3270-screen.nse: added new script arg to disable TN3270E
    tso-enum: Disabled TN3270E and fixed debug output message error
    tso-brute: Disabled TN3270E
    vtam-enum: Disabled TN3270E
    cics-enum: Disabled TN3270E
    cics-user-enum: Disabled TN3270E and made sure the string it was searching for was unique to that panel
    cics-user-brute: Disabled TN3270E and updated search string as well as username/password fields (the recent CICS
transaction server moved the locations)
    cics-info: Disabled TN3270E

Note: TN3270E was added to the library because it opens options for new/other scripts. However, support by the previous
written script was spotty so I disabled it for all of them for now.