Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Getting started with contributing

From: Sameer Shaikh <smyr.shykh () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2018 02:29:02 +0530

Hi Aditya!

You can look for issues marked with the "good first issue" tag on them.
These are marked so because they're easy to solve and can be attempted by
beginners like us.

As for the basic skill set, you'll have to read and read and read – code,
documentation, & issues; and you'll have to learn to identify what to
learn, to solve the particular issues you're interested in.

And do read the CONTRIBUTING.md and HACKING documents in the root of the
repo.