Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Safety and integrity of npcap-0.99-r3.exe

From: Yuri Slobodyanyuk <yuri () yurisk info>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 09:16:19 +0300

(Rant) Sorry for barging in but couldn't resist - absurdity of the
anti-virus vendors first made me laugh then made me turn off all of them.
According to VirusTotal I host on my site a very bad malware (confess,
also written by me):
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b98b9d144ad0edbc6be5e73ad0ab06cc2bc15816df509369f3e38e8917f62970/analysis/1524117706/

Only that this executable is a product of compiling (with MS VS 2015)  this
'malicious' code LOL:

#include "stdafx.h"#include <stdio.h>#include <string.h>// this
example and all the following will be posted on my site ....
int main(){
        char serial_input[6] = "";
        char serial_correct[6] = "23845";
        int result = 0;
                printf("Please enter the serial of 5 numbers:");
        fgets(serial_input, 6, stdin);
        result = strncmp(serial_input, serial_correct, 5);
                if (result != 0)
        {
                printf("Wrong serial!, quitting ..\n");
                return 1;
        }
        else { printf("Great, you have the correct serial !\n"); }
    return 0;}

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 5:00 PM, Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>