Nmap Development mailing list archives

[Crash report] utf8 codec

From: Hoang Manh Ngoc <ngochm () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 09:30:11 +0700

Hi Nmap Team,

I am using Zenmap. When I enter unicode character accidently in Search
scans dialog, program crash (I want to type 'ras' but in my language it
becomes 'rĂ¡').

Here is the crash report:

Version: 7.60
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "zenmapGUI\SearchGUI.pyo", line 488, in update_search_entry
  File "zenmapGUI\SearchGUI.pyo", line 510, in start_search
  File "zenmapCore\SearchResult.pyo", line 242, in search
  File "zenmapCore\SearchResult.pyo", line 258, in _match_all_args
  File "zenmapCore\SearchResult.pyo", line 281, in match_keyword
  File "zenmapCore\SearchResult.pyo", line 374, in match_target
  File "zenmapCore\SearchResult.pyo", line 156, in match_target
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode bytes in position 0-1:
unexpected end of data

Regards