Nmap Development mailing list archives

Recreate TCP sequence based on fingerprint variables

From: db <devbotting () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2018 17:22:14 -0500

Given the GCD, SP and ISR values from the fingerprint database is it
possible to generate a set of ISNs that satisfies the conditions?

My thought was to work backwards by first finding a value for
rtmp/seq_stddev that satisfies the SP condition.  Then find a seq_avg_rate
value to satisfy the ISR condition.  I'm not sure then how to create a set
of sequences based on those two values that satisfy the GCD.  I doubt my
approach is correct to begin with so any tips would be appreciated.