Nmap Development mailing list archives

Evangelos Deirmentzoglou GSoC status report #12 of 17

From: Evangelos Deirme <edeirme () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 22:13:08 +0300

Hey everyone,

This is my report for the 12th week of GSoC 2017.

---Status Report #12 of 17---

Accomplishments:

* Wrote and made a pull request of the winrm_auth_methods NSE module. This
module identifies the authentication methods of a server running the winrm
service.

* Winrm ncrack module development:
- Base64 decode bug is fixed. For the record, it wasn't a base64 bug.
Nonetheless, it is fixed.
- Upon availability, the authentication method used for brute-forcing is
chosen with the following priority: LMv1, NTLMv1/LMv1, NTLMv2/LMv2.
- Module compiles in windows environment
- Module operates in both HTTP and HTTPS environments
- I believe the module is ready for testing by the community

* Made tiny fixes on ncrack's visual studio project file. Now it compiles
properly. Ncrack was compiled with Windows 10 and Visual Studio 2015.

* Started working on the MSSQL ncrack module. The preparation phase is
almost complete.

Priorities:

* Continue research on MSSQL
* Solve bug, if any on the winrm module