Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: wanted to work on some idea

From: Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:13:01 -0700

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 11:51 PM, VEMPATI SRI CHARAN REDDY via dev <
dev () nmap org> wrote:

Hello,
    i am a computer science undergraduate, just started in the field of
development. I would like to work upon nroute sort kind of thing which is
similar to traceroute. Is this idea worth that i can start working upon it.
Let me know if i can start working upon this or is it something on which
already work is  being done.

Hi Vempati.  Thanks for your interest--we're always happy to hear about new
ideas.  Did you have any particular features or ideas in mind to
differentiate nroute from other traceroute-style tools?  Also, have you
looked at the traceroute feature of our Nping tool? It allows for
traceroute-style testing using all the common probe types:
https://nmap.org/book/nping-man-probe-modes.html

Cheers,
Fyodor