Nmap Development mailing list archives

is the npcap sdk still compatible with the binary releases?

From: Benedikt Radtke <benediktradtke () mailbox tu-berlin de>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2017 17:25:52 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to switch from Winpcap to npcap, but when I call pcap_findalldevs my program crashes because it cannot find the procedure entry point of PacketSetMonitorMode in wpcap.dll.

The latest binary was released some days ago (I am using its dlls) and the latest SDK/lib release is one year old, so I assume this is the reason for my crashes.

Why have there not been any recent SDK releases? What is the intended way of linking against npcap? I really would like to avoid having to install npcap's buildchain and building the libs myself.

- Benni