Nmap Development mailing list archives

NSE: smb.start_session_extended failing against Win10

From: Tinker Fairy <nmap () tinkerfairy net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 00:03:34 -0500

Folks,

With 7.4 SVN, Windows 10 server connections were failing with NT_STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED.

By kludging sp_nego = true on line 1319 of nselib/smb.lua I am able to connect successfully to Win10 servers. I assume
this also breaks connections to old servers, but I haven't tested.

This makes me think that the format of the negotiation response packet has changed, altering the location of the SPNEGO
OID. I'm not enough of an SMB or NSE expert to fix it correctly, though.

Hoping someone can take this lead and run with it...

Cheers,

Tinker Fairy