Nmap Development mailing list archives

Vinamra Bhatia - GSoC Status Report #1 of 16

From: Vinamra Bhatia <vinamrabhatia8 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 00:04:49 +0530

Hello all,

This is my first status report. I would like to introduce myself.

I am Vinamra Bhatia, a sophomore CS Student of Birla Institute of
Technology and Sciences Pilani, Goa Campus (India). I will be continuing my
pre-final year from August 2017.

I have been using nmap for quite a long time and being able to contribute
to it is a great privilege for me. I am being mentored by Paulino Calderon
and I will mainly be working on NSE Scripts for latest vulnerabilites,
looking for possible improvements in previous scripts and implementing new
features on discussion with my mentor.

Accomplishments so far :

* Exchanged few emails with mentor
* Got over with my University Comprehensive Exams
* Read documentation of a few NSE Libraries
* Started reading the book : Mastering the Nmap Scripting Engine by Paulino
Calderon

Priorities :

* Finish the book.
* Discuss some scripting ideas with mentor and plan a schedule for next few
weeks.

That's all as of now.
Thank you all.

Cheers