Nmap Development mailing list archives

Wai Tuck's GSOC status report #1 of 16

From: Wong Wai Tuck <wongwaituck () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 12:56:32 +0000

Hey everyone,

This is my first status report as well as message to this list, so I would
like to introduce myself.

My name is Wong Wai Tuck (Wai Tuck in short) and I'm currently a sophomore
at the Singapore Management University, reading Information Systems with a
second major in Applied Statistics. I will be continuing my junior year and
further studies in August at Carnegie Mellon University under a joint
programme with SMU, and will later be doing a MSc in Information Security
at CMU. I currently lead the information security club, Whitehat Society,
in SMU (we just concluded the qualifiers this weekend for our competition,
CrossCTF). Professionally, I have interned at a government agency and Ernst
& Young. I am also OSCP certified.

I have been using Nmap for a long time so it is exciting to be able to
contribute back to the project. My mentor is George Chatzisofroniou and I
will be working on the following 3 areas for NSE in the Google Summer of
Code.

1) Exploitation Scripts
2) Password profiling in brute library
3) Service-based automatic vulnerability assessment

 This is my GSOC weekly report:

This week:
* Added myself to all relevant mailing lists for the project
* Read documentation
* Compiled Nmap from source
* Met my mentor online to discuss project scope, deliverables and priorities

Next week:
* Refresh memory on Lua scripting, writing basic scripts
* Take a look at the MS17-010 script that was posted on the mailing list by
Paulino
* Work on design plan for proposed changes

Thank you all and have a great week ahead.

With Regards
Wai Tuck