Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: KNXnet/IP NSE Update and Service Probe

From: Niklaus Schiess <nschiess () adversec com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 12:59:11 +0200

Hi,

would it make it easier for you guys if we would submit this kind of
stuff via pull requests on GitHub rather than this mailing list? I think
PRs would make it easier for everyone.

Thanks and regards,

Niklaus

On 09.03.2017 21:53, Niklaus Schiess wrote:
Hi,

I've updated the  knx knx-gateway-info.nse (see attached file) [1]. It
fixes two printing issues and will now work in NAT environments.

Additionally I've created a service probe. KNXnet/IP gateways saeem to
support using '0.0.0.0' as source IP for the Description/Connect
requests, instead of the actual client address. In this case they will
just use the source IP and port which allows to write a simple probe.
The probe sends a Description request which is static. The response's
header is also static, so this should be quite reliable. I've attached a
patch for the service probe as well.

Regards,
Niklaus

[1] https://github.com/ernw/nmap-scripts/blob/master/knx-gateway-info.nse

--
PGP FP: CB84 8C68 ADDB 6C50 7DF1 4227 F2A6 056A A799 76DA