Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Please add better demarcation between hosts in nmap output

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 22:15:22 -0500

The output for a single host is everything from "Nmap scan report for"
until the next "Nmap scan report for" line. Adding blank lines could be
helpful, and when the scan is anything but -sn or -sL, there is a blank
line there. But there's also more output, so the blank line doesn't add
that much relative whitespace. With -sn, there are as few as 2 lines per
host (1 line for -sL), so adding a blank line is a 50% increase.

Note that when scanning your own subnet, your own IP address will be
deferred to scan separately, since it is not accessed via Ethernet/WiFi
like all the others. This is why it does not have a MAC address shown,
which could be the source of your confusion.

Dan

On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 6:16 PM, Dan Dascalescu <ddascalescu () gmail com>