Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ncat -w -i options bugfixing

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 11:28:54 -0500

Carlos,

Thanks for this patch. I have added it in r36697. Here are some things that
would have made it simpler to review:

First, I added a comment pointing out the connection between get_conn_count
and the connection state. Something like "If the connection count is 0,
then don't time out waiting for a new connection" or "The idle timer should
only be running when there are active connections."

Second, I will need to look at ncat_proxy.c, where there is a similar call
to fselect with input from idletimeout. In this case, though, the loop is
*only* for selecting listening sockets, not connected sockets. So simply
removing the idletimeout check is probably the appropriate fix. This means,
then, that we need more extensive changes to handle_connect() and in
ncat/http.c to add idletimeout checks. I have added an issue to the tracker
for this: http://issues.nmap.org/824

Thanks!
Dan

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 2:35 PM, Carlos Manso <carlos.manso () gmail com>