Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSE script for finding user and admin login pages

From: nnposter <nnposter () users sourceforge net>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 08:06:08 -0600

Personally I feel the both sides have a valid point. On one side,
duplicating these fingerprinting efforts is counterproductive and hard
to scale. Ideally there should be only one HTTP fingerprinting dataset.

At the same time, running http-enum, which by default fires 2,000+
requests, is a non-starter for me in a corporate environment. The
categories are too coarse to alleviate the issue.