Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: OSX zenmap -f or zenmap --file Problem

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 15:26:30 -0500

Paul,

Thanks for reporting this. I've entered a bug description in our tracker at
http://issues.nmap.org/839 . The problem is that command-line options are
not being passed down the execution chain. I hope we can have this fixed
soon.

Regarding your task, it is possible to open all the XML files in a
directory in a single merged Zenmap view. Of course, this is different than
opening each in serial, so it might not meet your need. Also, you have to
have enough memory to be able to hold all the results at once. Luckily,
most of Zenmap's memory use is usually tied up in displaying the plain text
output, which won't be present in your Nmap XML files. To do this, choose
Scan -> Open... and navigate to the directory containing your scans. Then
click "Open Directory" instead of "Open." Note that Zenmap will attempt to
open all files in the directory, not only the ones with .xml extension.
Nothing should crash, but you'll have an error popup for each incorrect
file it tries, which is irritating. Probably we can fix that in the future,
too.

Dan