Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: telnet-brute script

From: nnposter <nnposter () users sourceforge net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:17:48 -0600

On 6/23/17 1:55 PM, julio () crespo cl wrote:
I have a problems with a 7.50 and telnet-brute script , this not finish
or freeze when i put arguments, i tried the same command with nmap 7.01
and works.
if you need something (debug or log) please tell me how help.

Hello Julio,

Please submit a new issue at GitHub
(https://github.com/nmap/nmap/issues) and provide detail about:

* How specifically the script is misbehaving
* What your nmap command line looks like
* What the target is
* Whether it is possible to log in with a regular telnet client

Please attempt to run the script as follows:

* Use a user list with only one correct username and a password list
with only two lines: a bad password and then a good password. (If you do
not know the correct password then use another bad one.)

* Use only one worker thread, by including the following script
arguments: brute.start=1,brute.threads=1

* Trim retries, by including the following script arguments: brute.retries=1

* Enable detailed debug messages, by including -ddd on the nmap command
line.

If possible, send me (privately) the nmap command line and the entire
nmap output.

Cheers,
nnposter