Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Script Submission: NoMachine Version Enumeration

From: NMap User1 <jcacak () gdssecurity com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 12:35:37 -0500

Hi Dan,

No, the service does not respond to any existing probes. It only responds when a proper client version handshake packet is sent, hence this script.

As an example, below is the output from 'nmap --version-all -sV -p4000 1.2.3.4':
Host is up (0.00046s latency).
PORT      STATE SERVICE VERSION
4000/tcp open  unknown

Thanks,