Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSE script contribution - clickjacking-prevent-check

From: Ícaro Torres <icaro.redes.ifpb () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 18:27:59 -0300

Hello Dan,

I don't see any problem in unifying these scripts in one called
http-vuln-headers (it will pinpoint more web application security issues
and allow more security counter-measures in this area).

I developed two different scripts before because my profissional demand
asked this. Anyway, I would like to know what will be the next step? Will
be formed a group or it will be done by who become interested? I am
available to try.

Thank you for all orientation, and I hope this collaboration keeps for a
long time.

Best Regards.

Ícaro,

Thanks for this contribution. I notice that both this and http-hsts-verify
are simply analysis of returned HTTP headers, reporting potential
vulnerabilities in the target web app. I think that the best approach here
would be to have a single script to check for those security issues that
can be determined from a single request's response headers. The script
would be called http-vuln-headers and would cover most of the things from
the OWASP Secure Headers project [1] (CSP, HSTS, clickjacking, content
sniffing, etc.) We could even extend it to cover cookie issues like
HttpOnly and Secure (if HTTPS).

Having a separate script from http-headers makes sense because it allows
users to select it based on the "vuln" category. Proper use of the http
caching options would help reduce the number of requests sent.

Dan

[1] https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Secure_Headers_Project

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 6:44 PM, Ícaro Torres <icaro.redes.ifpb () gmail com>