Nmap Development mailing list archives

GSoC 2017 my name is Jack

From: Jack Jia <wumpusjia () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 22:17:02 +0800

hello all,

I am studying Computer Science at Wuhan University of Technology,China. I
am interested in participating in Google Summer of Code 2017 with the Nmap
project.

I am a network enthusiast and  have been a user for 2 years. I've always
wanted to be involved in Nmap project even though I lack some large-scale
open source development experience​.I think the coming gsoc is a great
opportunity for me​ to try to develop a module in Nmap.

My main skills are C/C++, algorithm and data structure.I participated at
China ACM/ICPC Regionals four times and won several medals. ​When it comes
to network related projects,I am doing a toy linux userspace tcp/ip stack
which aimed to capture special traffic on netdevice and deliver it to
special process ​for better performance(slow progress due to lack of
skills). Link is here:https://github.com/WumpusJia/atcp. ​ I want to learn
more skills when learning and improving Nmap.

I am trying to read Nmap source code(have read the docs on the website
before) but with little effect. Is there any easy bugs for me to fix it or
work I can do now?

Feel free to contact me:

email: wumpusjia () gmail com

IRC nickname at freenode: wumpusjia