Nmap Development mailing list archives

Conflict with Win7 USB Travel Scanner 100

From: Bit Bucket <bitbucket8 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 17:24:34 -0800

HP pavilion dv7
Windows 7 64-bit SP1
Xerox TS 100 USB Scanner

The PC program (extension?) for the scanner automatically starts scanning when a document is inserted into the scanner. Nmap (downloaded binaries 7.40) was installed (drivers NOT automatically loaded on boot) and not yet run. When document was inserted into the scanner, the scanner software crashed. Uninstalled Nmap. Problem resolved.

I'm only passing this on in case it helps you discover a pattern. I don't have time to check existing bugs or if there is a fix.

Jeff