Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap http-open-redirect problem

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2017 18:57:51 -0600

Diago,

The http-open-redirect script crawls the website looking for links. If any
of the links have a parameter that was echoed back in a Location header,
then that parameter is changed to "http://scanme.nmap.org/"; and the query
is retried. If the Location header comes back with that URL, then it's an
open redirect.

What is likely the case is that there is not an existing link on your page
that links to redirect.php with a redirect_url parameter. If you add a link
to the site like this, it should work: <a
href="/redirect.php?redirect_url=/">Go Home</a>

Dan