Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re:

From: Jacek Wielemborek <d33tah () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 09:45:56 -0400

W dniu 02.11.2016 o 02:51, Vinamra Bhatia pisze:
Hello everyone.
I am new to Open Source Development. I am very interested in Networking
as well as Open Source and would love to be a part of NMAP Development
Community. Plz help me to get started and also tell me the basic skill
set I need to have in order to begin my contribution.

Thanks

Hello Vinamra,

Have a look at this answer to a similar question by Gyanendra Mishra:

Hi Durgesh,

You can look at the following resources to get started.

[1] Is a very nice response to a similar question asked sometime in 2014.
[2] A more formal how to contribute guide.
[3] The `HACKING` file
[4] Explains the Code Standards followed.
[5] An article explaining what exists and why it exists.

[1]http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2014/q1/2
[2]https://github.com/nmap/nmap/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md
[3]https://github.com/nmap/nmap/blob/master/HACKING
[4]https://secwiki.org/w/Nmap/Code_Standards
[5]https://secwiki.org/w/Nmap/Code_walkthrough

Join #nmap on irc and be sure to checkout the issue tracker at
https://issues.nmap.org.

Cheers,
Gyani